Thursday, November 06, 2008

Free Rice Revisited

Free Rice, the website that uses vocabulary to donate rice now has subjects that can be chosen that make the site even better to use. Below are the different categories that can be selected. The picture above shows the Famous Paintings category where you have to identify the artist of the art. Obviously, this really expands the usefulness of this site for education purposes. Here is the link to the subjects page.

ART

Famous Paintings

CHEMISTRY

Chemical Symbols (Basic)

Chemical Symbols (Full List)

ENGLISH

English Grammar

English Vocabulary

GEOGRAPHY

Identify Countries on the Map

World Capitals

LANGUAGE LEARNING

French

German

Italian

Spanish

MATH

Multiplication Table

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

It must be fun to learn languages. At our school we start to learn languages in year six. We learn japenese. The year 7s are building a japenese garden outside the library it looks great.

From Brittany wwwbrittsfolio.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have used free rice in the past and sometimes I just do it for fun. I used when I was in forth grade and I still use it now. I think it is a pretty nice site!
Leeza

Little Voices, Little Scholars. said...

Hi Mr. C !

I have never heard of this site before !
Thanks for introducing it to me.

Mrs. She.

Room 9 @ Pt England School said...

Hi!
I have heard of this site. Does your class visit this site often?