For today (and maybe for the next few days) I want you to think critically about what learning should look like and be like. While you are moving on to the high school next year, you still have a lot of background knowledge about school here. Here is what I want you to consider:
- What worked for you in the classroom? What didn't?
- What would you have changed? How would you change it?
- What was it that you learned that was really important and needs to continue to be taught?
- What was taught you did not need to learn?
- What furniture arrangements worked well for you, if any?
- How would your dream classroom look? What kind of furniture, technology, ect.?
- How would your dream school look? What would it have?
- What kind of instruction did you learn best from? Do you prefer lecture, reading, worksheets, activities, projects, other ways?
The assignment is (choose one):
- Design a classroom, from furniture to curriculum, that you would want to spend 174 days in next year.
- Design a school that you would want to spend the next four years in. (include classes, common areas, etc.)
- Think critically about what would be the best learning environment for you.
- Design your ideal learning space.
- Share your thoughts with others.